Senior Lead Java Software Engineer
Luminos Labs is an eCommerce implementation partner for retailers, distributors, and manufacturers. We are a growing company, and we’re fortunate to be in a very fast-growing eCommerce technologies industry.
We’re looking for a lead software engineer with experience leading engineering teams and developing web applications. Our team builds enterprise-grade eCommerce solutions by implementing and integrating a variety of web-based systems. You will learn how to craft eCommerce solutions by combining the latest eCommerce technologies from Intershop with the cloud technologies offered by Microsoft Azure.
Our engineers work full-stack, implementing all the layers of a system – backend, data, integration and frontend.
On the backend, you will be working with Java (Eclipse Adoptium HotSpot JVM), REST APIs, SOLR, Azure DevOps, Docker, and Azure Kubernetes.
On the data layer, you will be working with Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
On the integrations layer, you will learn how to develop reliable, flexible, and scalable integrations with other systems using various integration methods and technologies such as service buses, message queues, REST APIs, CRON jobs, file transfers, and others.
On the frontend, you will be building a PWA eCommerce application using Angular 13 with TypeScript 4, NGRX, Angular Universal for Server-Side Rendering, and Webpack.
- Lead a team of Java software engineers to develop eCommerce applications using Intershop and Microsoft Azure
- Mentor, train, and coach team members
- Work with Solution Architects to design solutions
- Develop parts of a system or whole systems using the technologies mentioned above
- Work with Project Team members to identify and clarify requirements
- Propose technical solutions for the identified requirements
- Ensure the quality of your work by participating in peer code reviews and adhering to our development best practices
- Review, track and communicate work progress inside the Project Team
- 8+ years of experience developing web applications with the Java technology stack
- 2+ years of experience working with a frontend framework like Angular, React or Vue.js
- Experience leading small teams of software engineers
- Love working in an engineering environment where you first need to understand the problem, then propose and communicate solutions and only after that implement the agreed-upon solution
- Thrive collaborating with team members in solving problems and removing roadblocks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- 21 days of vacation
- 1 extra day of vacation for each year with our company
- 1 additional day of vacation that you can use in the month of your birthday each year
- Extra days off for the national holidays falling on the weekend
- 10 extra days on the 5th anniversary year
Training & Learning
- Unlimited access to most popular training platforms, including Pluralsight, Udemy, Coursera, and Whizlabs
- Bookster subscription
- Mentoring, training, and coaching program
- Half a day every week reserved for learning
- Dog-friendly office environment and flexibility for hybrid or fully remote work arrangements
- Regina Maria health insurance plan
Additional monetary benefits
- Profit-sharing every quarter
- Meal tickets
- Stock options