Building an Enhanced Customer Experience

User Experience

You can spend infinite time building the perfect customer experience. This makes sense as customer satisfaction should be the #1 goal of any eCommerce business.

More happy customers means more repeated purchases, leading to more brand loyalty and even more customers. Here are some of the many ways you can easily improve your customer experience.

What are customers looking for?

There is so much you can do to improve your eCommerce website, but what are the main things customers are looking for? A huge desire for customers these days is personalization. Customers want to be able to find content that specifically suits them, no matter what market they fall into. Most importantly they want to be able to do this quickly and easily.

However, while we’ve already covered more of what customers want out of personalization in the past, this post is more about the specific tools you should be using to attract customers. Particularly, talking about the tools associated with building personalization, marketing campaigns, and automation into your site.

Content management systems | Episerver CMS

When it comes to building the necessary tools for these purposes, content management systems (CMS) are an excellent resource. Episerver is an ideal CMS for medium to enterprise-level businesses, and it has great tools when it comes to offering personalization, creating marketing campaigns and harnessing the power of automation.


A quick marketing 101: organize your target customers into “buckets” and cater different content to these respective buckets. You can do this through the creation of “customer personas”. Develop personas by assigning general attributes and desires to different customers. This is done in order to eventually categorize them into a certain customer “type”, or bucket.

From here, you need a way of assigning the content specifically. Episerver CMS is fantastic for this because the integration offers you tools to market-specific content at the persona, market segment, and individual level. This means that while you can promote products and services to a large cluster of people who share the same need, you can also promote them to specific individual customers when needed. For example, if 90% of customers in a bucket make a purchase, you can then target the other 10% individually, changing the content to meet their needs more specifically.

Marketing Campaigns

Building customer personas is often part of a larger marketing campaign. Building a well-defined campaign and sticking to it is a great way for companies to save time and money while building a strong customer base. The keywords here are “well-defined”. This aspect can prove fairly difficult, as there is always that urges you to change things as you go.

Change isn’t a bad thing, and you should make adjustments if things aren’t going as planned. However, what’s vital is being able to make these adjustments in an organized manner. Luckily, Episerver CMS also has great tools for this. Episerver allows you to manage campaign scheduling, and multiple people can edit campaign details in real-time.


Lastly, Episerver CMS is excellent for its easy integration with automated systems. Whether you want to automate certain marketing aspects or easily integrate your own PIM or Search & Navigation systems, Episerver has you covered. This allows you to pick and choose what kind of unique systems work best for optimizing your customer’s experience, all while combining them effectively with Episerver’s flexible CMS.

This is some text inside of a div block.
This is some text inside of a div block.
Why Staff Augmentation is the Solution You Need: Access our eCommerce Centric Developers
This is some text inside of a div block.
This is some text inside of a div block.
Creating Urgency So Customers Hit Add to Cart
This is some text inside of a div block.
This is some text inside of a div block.
You Don't Have to be Nordstrom to Give a Great Customer Experience