Luminos Labs creates a B2B2C portal for a wellness brand selling content and access to events through thousands of practitioners around the world on Episerver Content & Commerce.
Founded in 1995, Access Consciousness is available in more than 170 countries and has contributed to changing the lives of tens of thousands of people around the world. Fundamentally a wellness education organization, Access Consciousness delivers their message through seminars, books, audio, and consultations.
When we initially met with Access Consciousness, their online presence was relatively feature-rich but the look and feel were outdated, difficult to scale with regards to offering in new languages, and experiencing significant usability issues, errors, and availability problems. In short, they had outgrown their existing online home.
To turn their situation around, Luminos Labs needed to design an all-new look, maintain robust, existing features and functionality, and add a wish-list of aspirational items. Our project plan included distinct discovery, design, build, integrate, and deploy phases. In this process we determined that the site would be made up of the following functional sections, at the highest level:
- Ability to sell content in various forms, direct to consumer
- Ability to sell access to events, direct to consumer
- Integration with a third party site for merchandise sales
- A facilitator's portal
- Robust, advanced search functionality
- Basic pages for evergreen/marketing content
The new Access Consciousness digital commerce site also includes the following key features and functionality:
- Complete Class Management: Create different types of classes, register for classes, make payments for classes
- Complex prerequisites rules for class registrations and product purchases, ie: User must have completed classes a, and b, before taking c.
- Access to public profiles functionality linked to class calendar functionality
- Payment Plan functionality
- Impersonate Users functionality
- Custom access rights for administrators (payments rules)
- Affiliates functionality for Access Shop
- Personal user class management: Access to classes history, upcoming classes
- Advanced facilitator class management screens: Roster and Check-in
- Classes and products discounts: Location discount, Repeat class discount, Gifted Discount, Age discount, Like-for-Like Dollar discount
- Multiple Languages leveraging EpiServer language functionality with custom implementation (language fallback for class and products content)
- Custom class currencies using single and global price classes
- Responsive design
- Infinite scrolling (lazy loading) for class + facilitator search
- GitFlow Workflow
- Unit testing
To fulfill Access Consciousness' vision of handling dozens of offline business processes in the management of their massive network of facilitators, while selling a wide variety of content and event access, it was necessary to integrate with eight external systems. These are:
- NetSuite (catalog, customers, class registrations, payments, prerequisites)
- Cybersource (payment processing)
- Silverpop (email marketing)
- Send Grid (email provider)
- PayPal (payment processing)
- Elastic Search (search)
- Post Affiliate Pro Tacking (affiliate 3rd party integration)
- Google Analitycs
As a result of this initiative, Access Consciousness has deployed an attractive and effective new online experience. Their team is able to make changes to mission critical pages more quickly and easily across the site. Customers are able to find the information they need to book classes and purchase content with more efficiency than ever before.